Sunday, November 20, 2011

respectively i don't


Blue sky feel like maybe there’s something
Something not smothering, maybe slightly covering,
Like a burial cloth, or a blue sky at night
When there’s depth between the stars, but not too much
I don’t want to fall forever
Never would I have, nor have you
Understood what you have said, nor have i
Respectively
These words leave my mouth and travel through the byzantine
But it would seem they never make it through all the way
Is there a minotaur in your ear?
Following these dead waves as they pass from sound into silence heard only by neuron receptors that shoot off sparks in ways that I simply don’t understand
I don’t
And you don’t
See:
We’re all so scared that on some level we’re going to resemble the other next to us
And if a similarity breaks through and bleeds to the eyes of all around,
We’ll lose a piece of the esteem we beg for, starve for
There’s an art in becoming yourself, do it well enough they’ll want an encore
But what we fail to see:
In the words of whichever said it first, and whoever has yet to sing themselves to sleep by it:
I am me and you are

So can we admit that lonely exists?
It exists in a way that brings us together,
it exists in a way that rips us so far apart that Altar and Vega will feel consoled
Can we admit that somewhere in trying to define ‘me’ we lost ‘us,’
And that sometimes we’re too afraid of nothing to do anything about it,
I heard about a man who carried fear on his back, and mystically did something with it
I don’t believe it, but I love the idea
I don’t believe many things anymore, but I love the ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment