Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cookies and Earth Tones

A friend wrote a guitar lick, so I wrote these lyrics to accompany it.
They don't fit the guitar line at all, but I like them so here they are:

I want the maps’ to the synapse between the wires in your brain
Because the way that you look is, well it’s really quite nice
And it’s making me mad, no not steaming,
I’m as cool as snow But your face really touched my heart,
I thought that you should know

Da da da

But can we take this back a few steps
Where you walked in the house, let me recount what happened next
See, time is relative, but it’s not my father, no it’s not my mum
It’s a brother teasing me when I just want to have fun
And I’d have like to have stared for as long as I could
But you just breezed to the bookshelf and left me by myself

Da da da

And while you stared at Wilde my mind was thinking thoughts
That I ought not to have thought, but you’re just too magical
So while I reigned in my desires, you walked away to another room
And I just followed at a distance wishing you’d turn around
But then you did and I made this sound

Uuuuuuuuh

You gave me a funny look and continued on your way
And I went back to my friends and there’s not much more to say
Some people just look too good to be true
But I’m still glad that I almost met you

Da da da
Da da da
Da da

No comments:

Post a Comment