Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Life in Narrative (Or, Why You Should Care)

I have an interesting life.
I realized this last week while wandering around an eerily silent and unnaturally chilly abandoned house. While the outside temperatures were hovering in the juicy 30's (Celsius), inside it felt as though someone had left the air conditioning running in winter.
Not only do I have an interesting life, I have an interesting mind. Maybe not to everyone, but I'm certainly fascinated by it. This blog is a place for me to lay out my life and mind twice (that's 2 times) a week.
Of course, just a simple duo of bullet points won't suffice. There is so much more to what goes on in life then can be captured in a book, let alone a blog post; In spite of that fact, this shall be my meager attempt to record my life in narrative.

Well, maybe not narrative. Just a record of my life. A record of how it feels to hate your toenails for being too long without actually thinking "i hate my toenails for being too long."
Or maybe it will just devolve into stream of consciousness writing because other things don't interest me.

I apologize for how alinear my thoughts are; I'm listening to Crystal Castles and it's a bit of a head trip.

2 comments:

  1. excellent layout & very well written Caleb. this is going to be an interesting trip. thanks for crafting the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - superbly laid out.
    And you have an excellent photograph on here. :)

    ReplyDelete