Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Darko and Listener

If you read this blog with any sense of slight consistency, you may have noticed I have an abiding endearment for a wee little band called The Chariot. I've seen them 3 times already, and I have plans to see them 3 more times this year.
At least.
Anyways, on their last full length, they had a delightful ditty entitled David De La Hoz, which featured a rather exquisite guest spot from some dude named Dan Smith. or thedancemyth, if you wanted to get twichnical.
Dan is part of a talk-music band called Listener.
I heard that Listener would be playing a house show in Toronto.
I like house shows.
I liked the one bit Dan did in David De La Hoz.

So I went.

So worth it.
I'm only posting one video, in which he performs aforementioned soliloquy from David, because these lines:
we can be on fire again you and i
say what you want
say what you mean
are constantly taking on new meaning to me every few weeks.

And on a totally unrelated note, introduced a friend to the bizarrity of Donnie Darko today, and the post movie conversation ended up on worship, in which I had the brilliant metaphorical moment that went along these lines:
Life is like a fish entrée, and the fish should be the way we live (and therefore worship) and worship music should be the little citrus wedges that compliment it. However, a lot of people get them mixed up, and treat the lemon (worship music) like the main course (main act of worship), and ignore the fish. So, while they may not get scurvy (I haven't developed this enough to determine what scurvy should be... any ideas?), they're missing out on the point of the entire thing: presenting their bodies as living testaments of what they believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment