Friday, March 11, 2011

Christopher Nolan, Get Out Of My Head

This morning, over a half hour period of sleep, I had one of the most pointless dreams I have ever had.
I usually remember my dreams, and they are rather vivid and involve quite a bit stuff, but this most recent one was completely over the top. I keep a dream journal, and I usually can get most dreams down in a page and a half.
This one was 4 pages, of completely disconnected everything- it involved athletes, youth pastors both old and new, buildering, old women, a bathroom that was so small that the shower water ended up in the toilet bowl, a possible zombie apocalypse that turned out to be a baseball game, my inability to fly, european teenagers, a grocery store and parking lot in stouffville being transformed into a lovely meadow, and I could go on and on.

Around half an hour ago I was hit by an idea that has managed to quickly slide into the obsession area of my brain.
I can't remember the last time I've wanted something so badly that was so attainable and completely awesome.

My theory is that Leo DiCaprio hacked into my brain while I was asleep, shape-shifted his way through high school douchebags, good friends and the elderly in order to plant this idea in a dream within a dream within a dream.
Because it's scary how badly I want to do this.

As an interesting aside, in my dream I became aware I was dreaming, and I got anxious cuz I was like "I've been asleep for hours and wasted the whole day!" but then I was like "time is different in dreams. I could potentially stay here forever so long as I don't wake up."
This level of self-awareness was odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment