Tuesday, December 28, 2010

If The Dictionary Is An Ocean, What Is Silence?

There’s a well of words inside my throat

A vast untroubled ocean in which I just can’t stay afloat

They are there, and they are waiting for a ripple to cause a wave

And that wave to grow and grow til a tsunami flushes out

From between my teeth to behind your eyes

I’m sure this won’t come as a surprise but

I’ve always fancied you a bit, but, well, your beauty and your age

Well, it had me in a cage, and no matter how I raged I couldn’t break the bars

That held me from the idea of us

But you responded and they melted, and in becoming the waters inside the top of my chest, I was left with far less being said then what went on inside my head



Oh ma’am please let me start again

You see I’ve seen how these things go and a girl like you simply must know

That it won’t always be easy, but by pretending to be a man in love, I can become a man in love, again



But should it be this way from the start?

How long must the seed grow alone?

Must it always be a false start?

May I cough up some vowels to feed the force

But if the dam breaks I apologize for what will come out

I’ll never learn that there isn’t a word for everything

No, words are only guesses at what’s going on in our heads


So


I’m not sure where that leaves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment