Thursday, December 9, 2010

What A Day I'm Having


Well, today was the day of the aforementioned artshow.

Rather than wing my speech, I was struck with a sudden moment of inspiration whilst doing laundry, and I penned this than read it later:

Today, I had the experience of ironing these pants. While that wasn’t really all that special, it gave me the inspiration for this speech. When I first read T.S. Elliot’s poem “The Hollow Men,” where we got the exhibit title 'Not A Whisper,' I had the experience of being moved in an indescribable way. Over the last few months, the students in the grade 12 art class have had the experience of putting together this show, and it has been indescribable. We have had the experience of having our vision expanded and our artistic capabilities exercised and tested. I am currently having the pleasure of thanking Mrs Onalee Creasor for all the time she has put into this group of students over the last few years.

As you wander around the room and wonder about the work, I want you to contemplate this as the culmination of 4 years of experiences. Much like the ending of The Hollow Men, this is us reiterating that this is the way our world of high school ends.

It is not with a whisper that we enter the world, but with a bang, fresh faced and ready for whatever life will throw our way.

Thank you, and enjoy the show.

And that was it. They handed out awards (of which I won one) and we all ate cheese and crackers and nanaimo bars.


Also today, I made this guy on MS paint:

I love MS paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment