Monday, November 8, 2010

A Loss of Vision

I feel as though this blog needs something fresh.

Reading what I've written is nice, but it's all so thoroughly non-cohesive. It bounces too much. Not that I'm advocating structure, more trying to figure out what to write now. See, if I had a theme for this blog, or a fixed topic, new posts would be so much easier. As it is though, I usually just write whatever I want to whenever inspiration strikes, but what with the onslaught of lowered temperatures, inspiration has decided to stop striking.

Winter is always like this: it makes me want to hibernate. Or at the very least, curl up with a special someone under a blanket with a hot coco and a classic. But, sadly, I'm filled with longings for the unattainable, and there's only one mug beside the remote.

Another problem I have with this season is how it requires attention. In the summer, or spring, or fall, whenever a task becomes too cumbersome or uninteresting, a quick walk remedies that feeling. Or at the very least focuses my creative energies into some other effort.
Not so with winter. It's too cold, and as beautiful as snow can be, blankets of white do little for my imagination.

So, I spend my time online, accomplishing nothing and waiting for something worthwhile to transpire.

I need a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment