Thursday, November 18, 2010

This Week In Review

Last Thursday I had an existential freakout and deactivated my facebook, then decided to take it a step further and just turn off my computer for the week.

I got so much done.

I started reading the Bible again, which was the main reason behind the whole fast, but I also cleaned my room, finished House Of Leaves ('Wow' is all I have to say), got my G2, saw the most amazing live performance ever (also "Wow"), got stood up for the first time, took a potentially epic friendship into stages of actual adventure and a host of other joyous activities. Obviously, not all of these things were dependent on me not having electronic interference in my life, but I found it odd to have so much 'free' time. As though the things I do on the computer were actually important.

I realized the issue is I would sit down to accomplish a worthy task, like blogging or writing a letter, but I would continually be distracted by mostly pointless things.
So, my facebook is staying deactivated for now. All I really miss is scrabble. And the thousands of pictures of my nephews.

As shown by that list above, quite a bit has happened over the last week. Each could really be a blog post in and of itself, but the thing I will focus on is the performance I saw on Tuesday: the almighty The Chariot:

There was supposed to be a picture here of the band playing, a picture that captured their indescribable intensity and passion, but, as I suspected, no such can exist. It would be like a tornado, a hurricane and a forest fire all encapsulated in Coke bottle.

I've tried to describe to people over the last few days how mind blo
wingly amazing this band was, but no one seems to get it. Not that it's a fault on their end. Putting into words the glory that transpired is tough.

Oh, and Lights was there. She tweeted this photo:

This would be Josh Scogin, the frontman for The Chariot, being his wonderful entertaining self.











Another sign of how excellent this band is: I bought one of their band T's. I have a personal philosophy of not wearing graphic T's in general, esp. ones that advertise things I don't get paid to advertise.
There are only 4 bands on this planet that I would wear their merchandise, and The Chariot is one.

Also, had epic talk with one of my closest friends the ride there, and the ride back.
Oh, and earlier that day I had my first mentorship meeting. Then I got my G2.
I would say that was the best Tuesday of the week, by far.

Well, she is waking up
And she is finding out she has no pulse
Just like her "God" that she is trying to sell
But she ain't bought

Her lion is scared
Because he is finding out
She's waking up and he can't stop breaking down
And fading out as she gets up

Well, she looks around, Ariel
You have no pulse
Much like your religion, but it's fine
Just fake it

The wrath of God's grace is but an ocean to a child




No comments:

Post a Comment