Sunday, November 21, 2010

TPC and BAT. Hipster Points!

Still need to write my review of Underoath's new album, but I'm giving it it a grace period in case I stop disliking it... I'm starting to be afraid that won't happen though.

Currently listening to Tokyo Police Club (Champ), and it makes me think that life is going to change. Or that I'm going to find myself in the midst of an adorable relationship with an unpredictable girl. It's grainy music, as if it was a photo the ISO would be unbearably high.

I don't know.

I just apologized to a friend, and the band goes into the studio tomorrow, and I had a heady weekend, tried to write a list of goals, and this list doesn't have a point or connecting element.

I think I'm just trying to make sense of life. Even though it's not being confusing or throwing me curveballs.

I'm discontent in a not-unhappy way. Malcontent? I don't know.

Audrey Hepburn gave a charming description of a similar feeling in Breakfast At Tiffany's:
"No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? "
Except this feeling is a lot more ambiguous. I'm extremely something of something, but I'm not sure which of what.

If you figure it out, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment